Topic 8- Ted Talk Review!

with No Comments

This week I will be reviewing a Ted talk, and I will be observing the various multimedia learning principles that were followed in the video. The Ted Talk I will be reviewing is on the topic of the power of visual thinking and it is presented by Todd Cherches.

Here is the video!

https://www.ted.com/talks/todd_cherches_the_power_of_visual_thinking

Here are some of the multimedia learning principles that I observed in the video:

Personalization principle: The video was presented in a conversational style such as by including humour, rather than stoic formal style, which would have made it harder for me to learn.

Modality Principle: The presenter used graphics and narration than graphics and printed text, which makes it easier for me to learn.

Worked Examples Principle: I was able to learn better as the presenter provided worked examples for the skill he was aiming to teach.

Coherence Principle: The presenter excluded extraneous material, and only presented relevant information which made it easier for me to learn.

Dual coding theory: This theory was followed as the presented included both visual and verbal information, which made it more interesting and easy for me to follow along.

Cognitive learning theory: This theory was followed as the presenter did not overload me with information, and he instead presented his information in a simple and concise manner