Evaluating Media!

with No Comments

Here is my Google earth video!

https://earth.google.com/earth/d/17FAv8ZDi_iPppju_epZBNmiIxJfmwsGW?usp=sharing

This week, I will be evaluating the H5P interactive video that is shown on my blog post from week before using the SECTIONS framework.  I will be using the SECTIONS framework to evaluate my H5P video as it will provide me with information regarding if this plug in is a great method for teaching or if it is not.

For the students section since I’m not sure about what type of audience is going to look at my video, the layout could have been improved to account for various audiences. Additionally, the questions in the video were relatively easy and direct, thus followed the prior knowledge principle. For the second ease section, I think that H5P seems to be relatively easy to use. For the costs section, I would say that H5P is great for this because it does not require any updates and it is free to use. Next for the teaching functions, I think it may be beneficial if the teacher/presenter received feedback from the software regarding the questions answered by the students during the video. However, H5P includes certain vital functions which aid in teaching methods. For the interaction section, I think H5P is a great tool as it requires the audience to select the answers during the questions and thus increases interaction. For the organizational section, there seemed to not be any critical issues as it can quickly and simply be accessed on the WordPress website, the only issue I had was implementing the code which ended being relatively simple as well. For the networking section, I do not think that H5P is great since it does not include interactions with various individuals at the same time. Finally, for the security and privacy sections, H5P seems to be safe for usage by students and teachers, thus follows the security and privacy aspect of the SECTIONS framework.

Furthermore, two multimedia principles that worked great in my video were the use of the Feedback principle in the video, as the audience was able to learn once they received feedback on their performance in the quiz. Additionally, the Redundancy principle was also used as I made a conscious choice to not present the content in more than one way, as that will increase the learner’s adherence to learning the content.